Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Lucy's Top 100 Movies: 70 - 61

70. Peter Pan

I just love this story. Though I could do with less racism.
As a teenager, it became much harder for Wendy to explain the strange boys sneaking into her window at night.

69. Ghostbusters

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. 
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"? 
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff. 
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly. 
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! 
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... 
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave! 
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! 
Mayor: All right, all right! I get the point! 

"Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back."

68. Fargo

My father now always refers to Fargo, ND as the " Murder Capital of the World." Other than that clearly unintended consequence, I have no complaints against this film.

"I'm carrying quite a load here."

67. It's a Wonderful Life

Sometimes I'm just a sucker.
What's wrong with wholesome and uplifting?

66. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

I'm normally not a huge fan of Clint Eastwood after his Sergio Leone spaghetti western days, but this movie makes the list because the characters are so friggin' interesting.
"I've only been here three days and it's just a shooting, but give it time, okay. This place is fantastic. It's like Gone With the Wind on Mescalin. I know you're my agent. Listen to me, they walk imaginary pets here, Garland. On a fucking leash. Alright? And they're all heavily armed and drunk. New York is boring!" 

65. A Fish Called Wanda

Kevin Kline won an Academy Award for his part in this film as Otto, a psychotic idiot. I don't always agree with the Academy, but in this case I'm right with them. If you've not seen this movie, please stop what you are doing and watch it right now.
Otto: You really like animals don't you, Ken? What's the attraction. 
Ken: Well, you can t-t-trust them and they don't sh-sh-sh-sh 
Otto: Shit on you? 
Ken: Show off all the t-time.

Sticking with the aquatic theme, we have... 

64. Finding Nemo

Only the hardest of hearts could resist this touching story about a father searching for his son. I just want to point out, though, flushing fish down the toilet will not send them to the freedom of the ocean, but will actually result in their very painful death. So don't take the entire message to heart.

"This is the ocean, silly. We're not the only two in here."

63. There Will Be Blood

This is one of my husband's all-time favorites, and I can see why, because Daniel Day Lewis is a force to be reckoned with. Also, this film employs one of the best references to a delicious dessert as a prelude to cold-blooded murder.



62. This is Spinal Tap

The tiny Stonehenge scene is my favorite... one of my favorites...


61. Sleeper

My Brain?! It's my second favorite organ!
"I'm a clarinet player in 1973, I go into the hospital for a lousy operation, I wake up 200 years later and I'm Flash Gordon!"

Lucy's Top 100: Numbers 100-91

Lucy's Top 100: Numbers 90-81

Lucy's Top 100: Numbers 80-71

Lucy's Top 100: Numbers 60-51

Lucy's Top 100: Numbers 50-41

No comments:

Post a Comment